Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A YEAR IN REVIEW ~ DECEMBER FAVORITE

This project was my favorite for December.  I made something totally out of the ordinary for me.  A Matchbook Style Paper Bag Photo Album.  

I just loved how it turned out.  I followed KATHY ORTA'S instructions on her You Tube Channel.  HERE is a link to her channel.

I used the Beau Chateau Designer Series paper and Fabric and Side Notes on this creation.

The first photo is the book closed with the belly band.


This second photo is a close up of the Belly Band.  I used The Beau Chateau Fabric and the Butterfly Die to create the focal point.  I finished it off with an antique brad and key and lock charm.


This photo is of the inside cover.  I added lots of pockets to hold little photo opportunities and journaling.  This album is made from the Celebrate It Bags you can buy at Micheals.  So each tab you see pulls out of a pocket .


On this page I used vellum card stock to create corner pockets.


Here is an example of how each page is a pocket that houses another page that can be pulled out.



I totally fell in love with how this project came together.  I am NOT a scrapbooker at all...but this project was just too cute not to give a try.  I couldn't believe how easy it came together.  Thanks to Kathy Orta for her great videos and for sharing her talent.

Have a great day.

GLORIA

1 comment:

Tkat said...

what a lovely project! btw, how did you attatch your velum paper??? i have tried with glue and with double sided tape, but you can always see it! :(