Thursday, May 21, 2009

HEARTFELT SYMPATHY

My boss at work asked me to make a sympathy card for a fellow co-worker who lost her father-in-law today. I made it a little bigger than normal so all the employees can sign it.
It is 5.5 x 7 in.

I wanted to make something calming and serene. Today's Ways To Use it Challenge fit perfectly with this stamp I used. We were to use one stamp and stamp it more than once on our card.
I stamped the grass from Inspired By Nature(SU) twice on this card. I also did quite a bit of sponging and used my brayer.

This beautiful sentiment is from Clear Dollar Stamps called Words of Sympathy. I added some highlights on the grass with my white gel pen. The butterfly has some crystal stickles added to it. The photo corners are up on dimensionals.

I hope you like it. I hope it brings some comfort to my co-worker.

Card Supplies:

Paper: Ivory, Tangerine Tango, Black
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Tangerine Tango, More Mustard, Bravo Burgundy, Riding Hood Red, Close To Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Black
Stamps: SU: Inspired By Nature; Clear Dollar Stamps: Words of Sypathy
Accessories: Brayer, sponging, Martha Stewart Butterfly punches; SU Photo Corner Punch
White Gel Pen, Mini Brads, dimensionals

Thanks for looking. Have a great day.

Gloria

8 comments:

Crystal said...

Absolutely stunning work, love the soothing colors and your butterfly and images are gorgeous! I am sure this will bring your co-worker comfort its beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hi Gloria!! WOW!! What a stunning creation!! Love love love your colors!! :)

Dawn said...

Wow your card is stunning - I can never get the right effect with my brayer - I hardly ever use it now..

Dawn

cr8iveme said...

what a lovely card.

M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS

Allison Rankin said...

This is amazing...love the dimension with the white gel pen addition!

Kevin Renz said...

Gloria,
You did a perfect job with this sympathy card. Those are hard to make and this one is perfect.

Erin Bigler said...

So very stunning, Gloria! Love the background and all the detail in your butterfly, oh, and the white detailing on the grass! BEAUTIFUL!

Lorraine said...

Beautiful background. Wish I could use a brayer like that. The image is perfect. Nice that you made it larger for everyone to sign!