Friday, July 8, 2011

ALONG THE SHORE

I pulled out an old retired Stampin Up set today for the FREE FOR ALL CHALLENGE over at Splitcoaststampers. The challenge theme was "good ole summer time".....we were to make a card that conjured up memories of summertime as a child, or just what we like to do in the summer.

This stamp set Along The Shore...reminds me how we used to go to the beach almost weekly when we were little. It was a true family ( & extended family) affair.

I heat embossed the image with Black Embossing Powder onto watercolor paper. I then used my inks and aquapainter to watercolor my scene.

I also discovered that I really like Cajun Craze and Island Indigo together as a color scheme!



Card Supplies:

Stamps: Along The Shore (retired)
Paper: Watercolor paper, Island Indigo, Cajun Craze
Ink: Old Olive, Cajun Craze, Early Expresso, Pool Party, Island Indigo
Accessories: Top Note Die, Large Clear Scallop Die, Big Shot, CC Striped Ribbon (retired), sponges

Thanks so much for looking today!

GLORIA

No comments: