Saturday, January 15, 2011

STAMPING ON CANDLES

This is my first attempt at this technique..I must say I just love it! I wanted to make some more 3-D items to show how versatile Stampin Up products are...not just for cards. I am also wanting to book some workshops for small gift giving ideas.

The first trio of candles I purchased, I used Early Expresso Ink and the flourish from the Friends 24-7 stamp set. I made a belly band around the bottom of the candle and used the Scalloped Border punch and Victorian Crocheted Trim. To finish off the candle I added a Vintage Brad.



After I had success with my first trio of candles...I went around my house and gathered all my candles and started stampin away. The candles below are a shorter pillar candle...so I only used the Flourish stamp and a Vintage Brad to embellish it. I used Black ink this time to match the candle holders.


Here is a close up.....


And another close up....



This last candle (which has seen better days)....I used the Simple Friendship Stamp set. I stamped my images in Cajun Craze and Old Olive. I just added some Old Olive Satin Ribbon to finish it off.

Supplies:

Stamps: SU Friends 24-7, Simple Friendship
Ink: Early Expresso, Cajun Craze, Old Olive, Basic Black
Paper: Early Expresso, Tissue Paper
Accessories: Heat Gun, SU Scalloped Border Punch, SU Victorian Crocheted Trim, SU Vintage Brads, Pillar Candles, Old Olive Satin Ribbon, Wax Paper

Thanks for looking today! If you would like to book a workshop contact me HERE.

GLORIA

11 comments:

Crafty Crystal's Corner said...

Commented on facebook already but they are so nice they are in need of a second acknowledgement...smile

Beautiful...just beautiful especially the first ones with the scalloped edging along the bottom

Penni said...

Very elegant.

Hugs
Penni
X

Cassie said...

Cool, Gloria! I didn't know you were a SU demo now. . .very cool! When does Sell-abration start?

Amy Johnson said...

What gorgeous and elegant candles!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Gorgeous!

I made some as Christmas presents and they were a big hit! I also love using the tea light candles!! So fast and easy!

Maxine said...

Your work is amazing! Such bold colors. Thanks for stopping by.

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

Love this!!! Now following your blog.

Renee said...

oh these are absolutely beautiful!! I have never tried this technique but may give it a try, I have a workshop coming up soon, and your right great way to show off all of what stampin up can do. Hugz n blessings.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Gorgeous candles and beautifully displayed and photographed. You did an awesome job! thanks for sharing. I'm now your newest follower from SC. I'm # 212 on the list. Hope you stop by my blog too sometime.

Penny
http://pennytokensstampinspot.blogspot.com

helloholley said...

These are all so stunning!! I love stamping on candles too ;)

Davina Wallace Allgrim said...

Following through SC; follow me, too
http://teadrinkingstamper.blogspot.com