Wednesday, March 10, 2010

HAPPY MAIL

We have been enjoying some lovely 'spring-like' weather here in Southern Ontario. So I thought it was fitting to use this new stamp set from CLEAR DOLLAR STAMPS called SNAIL MAIL.

I think he is so cute.....because I have the same job as him......and sometimes I walk at about the same speed as a snail. But he is enjoying the beautiful weather....as am I!

This card qualifies for today's Sketch Challenge over at SPLITCOASTSTAMPERS. I just flipped the sketch upside down...

I coloured in my images with Copic Markers twice and cut one out and popped it up on dimensionals. I used a scalloped circle to create my clouds.

In this photo you can see how I popped him up to give the card a little more dimension. I then added a couple of butterflies to complete my scene.

Card Supplies:

Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps ~ Snail Mail
Paper: Whisper White, Pacific Point, Costco DSP
Ink: Bashful Blue, Blush Blossom
Markers: Copics
Accessories: Scallop & Circle Punches, MS Butterfly Punch, Rhinestone Brads, Rhinestones, dimensionals, sponge daubers, Pacific Point Ribbon

Thanks so much for looking......hopefully you get some Happy Mail soon too!

GLOR





5 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Oh Gloria this is awesome. I love your coloring and your bg sponging. Awesome girl. Say hi to princess Gigi for me.

Crystal said...

AWWW how super cute Gloria!!! I love the 3d effect and that image is tooo sweet!!! Great scene you created!!!

Cassie said...

Cute, cute, cute, Gloria! Great colors for that little snail ;D

Christi said...

Gloria! I love your snail! I personally LOVE snail mail! And your card is beautifully colored and the layout is great!

Laurie Wilson said...

This is adorable, thoose fluttering butterflies around him really finish off the scene. Your coloring is awesome!