Monday, July 13, 2009

GLADIOLA ~ CLEAN & SIMPLE

I made this card for today's Clean & Simple Challenge over at Splitcoaststampers. It was an inspiration challenge today. I was inspired by this piece of artwork HERE.

I used NEW stamps for July from CLEAR DOLLAR STAMPS. This one is called AUGUST FLOWER OF THE MONTH ~ GLADIOLA.
I went with a white on white colour scheme and added a bit of the new In Colour textured cardstock Razzleberry. I used my new Bow Easy to create my little bow, and added some score lines and distressing of edges.
Card Supplies:
Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps ~ August Flower of the Month Gladiola
Paper: Whisper White, Textured Razzleberry
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Pink Pirouette, Black Staz-on
Accessories: In Colour Markers, Blender Pen, Martha Stewart Butterfly punch, bone folder, ribbon
Thanks for looking. Have a great evening.
Gloria

11 comments:

Wendy Hall said...

Great card Gloria, nice colors too!!

Amy Johnson said...

This is so lovely. I love all the white, the distressed white edge, and the butterflies. Love the script behind the image too. Your new puppy is adorable! I tried to leave a comment about him last week, but it wouldn't work for some reason. I adore little dogs, but my husband only likes big dogs, so we've never had any.

Sue C said...

This is so pretty, Gloria! I don't usually use purples, but maybe I should consider it! I've tried a couple of times to leave comments, but keep getting "operation aborted" messages - we'll see if this one makes it...

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Gloria. I love this image. All of my gladiolas are blooming now. Such pretty colors and I really like this ribbon. Super job.

Joan Ervin said...

This is beautiful, Gloria...I love the flower image and the little butterflies are the perfect detail!!! Love how you stamped the script images in the backgrounds, too...sooo elegant!!!

Erin Bigler said...

Love that white-on-white, Gloria...very elegant and rich! GORGEOUS card!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Just beautiful! Great colors and coloring!

Kevin Renz said...

Great card Gloria! I adore your bow treatment...

Angel said...

love this! so pretty and elegant!

Laurie Wilson said...

So lovely and clean!

Peggy said...

Gloria- this card is beautiful!! Love that bow!