Friday, July 3, 2009

MAY YOUR SORROW BE FLEETING

I made this card for this weekends Clear Dollar Stamps Colour Challenge over at PaperCraftPlanet. The link is in my sidebar. Why don't you come on over and play along.

I used NEW stamps for July from Clear Dollar Stamps called Sheltering Lights. It is such a great set to use on watercolour paper to watercolour...which is what I did on this card.

The colours for the challenge were: Baja Breeze, Real Red and Barely Banana.

I needed another sympathy card for a co-worker who is a man, so I thought this stamp set would suit the occasion and be more on the masculine side. I used the sentiment from the CDS March SOM Sweet Hummingbird.

I watercoloured my image with my aquapainter and inks. I added a few birds on the horizon with a marker and used my white gel pen to add some accents too.

I also used the sketch from this weeks MOJO MONDAY Challenge.

Card Supplies:

Stamps: CDS ~ Sheltering Lights & March SOM Sweet Hummingbird
Paper: Real Red Textured and Plain Cardstock, Baja Breeze, Barely Banana, watercolour paper
Ink: Basic Grey, Baja Breeze, Barely Banana, Real Red, Black Staz-on
Accessories: Large & Scalloped Oval punches, Ticket punch, slit punch, So Saffron Twill ribbon, brads, white gel pen, marker, dimensional, Bow Easy

11 comments:

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Gloria, This card is WOW. What word can I use? I can't even come up with a word to use on this card. Your watercoloring is wonderful!! This card is so so so pretty. I'm sure it will be appreciated. You did a fabulous job on this card! Keep up the great work!!

Peggy said...

Beautiful watercoloring!! Love the colors you used for this card!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh Gloria!!!!!!!!!!!!Wow! This is GLORIOUS!!!! The reflection of the sun on the water, the sunset, the warm glow in the light house. Wow. What a beauty. Just love your layout and bow.

Shawne said...

That is stunning Gloria, your watercoloring is beautiful! I love it!

Cassie said...

Wow, Gloria, this is beautiful! This is a fun set to watercolor, and the colors work perfectly with this image. Love it ;D

Kevin Renz said...

Love the card Gloria... so many great elements, but especially the background!

Crystal said...

Absolutely Beautiful Gloria, love those colors!!! I hope you have a wonderful Holiday weekend!!!

Dawn B. said...

Gloria this is stunning. I love the way you used the colors. I think this is my favorite card of yours. They are all great but this one has such a unique look. Really nice job.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Wow, Gloria! It looks like an artist's painting.....well, I guess it is: YOURS, that is! Your reflection on the water is so cool. Your scene is very serene and perfect for a sympathy card. Beautiful card!

Joan Ervin said...

This is beautiful, Gloria....I love the lighthouse stamp and your watercoloring looks AWESOME!!!!

Erin Bigler said...

What a perfect reflection you created...amazing! Great job with the colors, too!