Wednesday, April 27, 2011

SAIL AWAY EASEL CARD

I finally had a chance to ink up the SAIL AWAY stamp which will be available May 1st in the Summer Mini Catalog. I LOVE this stamp. It is a single stamp for only $11.95. To me it has so many possibilities. Great for a masculine card, sympathy, thinking of you.....whatever!

I made an Easel Card today which qualifies for the OUR CREATIVE CORNER CHALLENGE this week, and I also used today's SKETCH CHALLENGE from Splitcoaststampers.


Here is a close up of the Build A Brads I used. I punched out the little anchors from the Nautical Expedition DSP with my 1/2" Circle Punch and was able to create my own embellishment to match my card. Cool eh? I also used the new Bakers Twine available in the Summer Mini to add some stitching and embellishment to my card.


Here is a side view of the Easel Card.



Here is the closed view of the Easel card.....it fits perfectly into a regular envelope....then opens up and displays your card front so nicely. I just followed the TUTORIAL off of Splitcoaststampers.


Card Supplies:

Stamps: Sail Away, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Early Expresso, Confetti White, Nautical Expedition DSP
Ink: Early Expresso
Accessories: 1/2" Circle, 1" Circle, Word Window, Modern Label & Spiral Border Punches, Bakers Twine, Build A Brad, Needle, Paper Piercer, Sponges

Thanks for looking!

If you would like to receive a copy of the new SUMMER MINI Catalog contact me here through MY STAMPIN UP WEBSITE.

GLORIA

4 comments:

Crafty Crystal's Corner said...

AWESOME I love it and really should try making one of these cards..they look so hard.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

What a fabulous card. That is definitely a stunning image and I love all the nautical embellishments you've pulled together here. I especially like the Build-a-Brad with the anchors. Wonderful job on the easel card challenge. So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

Vicki Burdick said...

perfect masculine card!!Thanks so much for joining us in the OCC easel challenge!

Unknown said...

This is just the perfect guy card!! I love it and will be featuring this on My Crafty Picks #15 with a link back to your blog on 5-8-11. If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

Take care
www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com